Almost everyone I’ve talked to says we're going to move to
Houston. What I’m hearing which is sort of scary is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this--this (she chuckles slightly) is working very well for them.
I'm not sure what scared her so much, but for the record here are some things she wasn't quoted as saying:
- "As long as they don't move into my neighborhood."
- "If they had no water at the Superdome, why didn't they drink iced tea?"
- "This place has been going downhill since A-Rod got traded."
- "This is a great idea. It's like a underpriviledged youth summer camp, except for old sick people that no longer have homes or personal posessions."
- "Thank goodness we don't have empty sports arenas in Kennebunkport."
- "I find that Dave Chapelle guy kinda scary too."
- "I'm so glad all these people got to visit Texas for free. We ought to do this every year."
- "If people get bored, I know my boy never finished clearing out all the brush at his place. He got called back to Washington for some silly reason."
- "Think twice before moving here. James Byrd got shown some Texas hospitality too. Just sayin'."
Technorati tag:hummingbird rump, Barbara Bush Hurricane Katrina