When I was putting together the Women That Rock mix CD several years ago I collected more songs that could be crammed onto a 80 minute disc. I took the other songs that just didn’t fit in for one reason or another and put together another entire disc. Being a not too clever guy, I called it Women That Rock Too.
Some of these artists never quite made the mainstream, but some like Macy Gray hit the big time. Aimee Mann has also gone onto critical acclaim since I put together this album. She has her latest album on line if you follow the link below.
It has always been a mystery to me which people make it big and which remain obscure but talented also-rans. Some of these artist haven't released new material in several years and many others are still on the small venue circuit. If they have a homepage, I've linked to it.
Women That Rock Too
1. Jann Arden - Could I Be Your Girl
2. Vonda Shepard and Emily Saliers - Baby, Don't You Break My Heart
3. Melanie Doane - Happy Homemaker
4. Poe - Angry Johnny
5. Aimee Mann - Save Me
6. Tara Maclean – Evidence
7. Beth Hart - LA Song
8. Beth Orton - Stolen Car
9. Heather Nova - Truth And Bones
10. Jennifer Knapp - Undo Me
11. Julianna Hatfield - Spin The Bottle
12. Macy Gray - I Try
13. Abra Moore - Four Leaf Clover
14. Barbara Kessler - That Hurricane
15. Beth Orton - Central Reservation (Then Again Mix)
16. Luscious Jackson – Ladyfingers
17. Liz Phair - Polyester Bride
18. Veruca Salt – Seether
One rule of mixes is to avoid duplicating an artist on the same compilation.
I put two Beth Orton songs on this disc because the remix makes the song sound entirely different. Beth Orton released a great album just this year which fits in the softer mode, but she hasn’t lost her lyrical edge.
Here are the two different styles, so you can compare for yourself.
|Beth Orton-Stolen ...|
Blatant Comment Whoring™: What is your favorite overlooked artist?