Saturday, August 23, 2008

Where Is Yellojkt Now?


A few months ago, I went on a mystery business trip and posted some pictures to give clues about what my super-secret location was. Well, I'm on a business trip again and let's see if anyone can figure it out.

Clue 1:

My bosses, bless their stingy little souls negotiated a corporate rate for a boutique hotel in a pretty toney little town. The architecture reflects the heritage of the area even if the hotel restaurant serves fancy Greek food.

Clue 2:

Every morning on the way to the local country style breakfast place, we have to pass the local Bugatti/Aston Martin dealership. We would press our nose into the window and drool, over this one in particular. One guy told us that it cost $2.4 million dollars, while an Italian passerby told us they only go for one million euros. Isn't that the same thing?

Clue3:

I went hiking one morning on the local walking/biking trail that runs along the town's eponymous creek. I turned around when I got to the signs warning of mountain lions. These big cats are so ubiquitous that the local high school has the same mascot as the High School Musical gang.

Hopefully these are enough clues to pique your curiosity and send you Googling. Leave guesses, serious, sublime, and ridiculous in the comments.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like Boulder, CO to me, what with the eponymous creek and all.

cathouse teri said...

I dunno where that is, but I hope I get the chance today to use the word "eponymous." :)

Malnurtured Snay said...

Is that Sunnydale High?

Anonymous said...

Were you riding the Stevens Creek Trail and eating at Grand Century Mall in San Jose? Haven't a good guess on the hotel yet.
Frostbitten

Anonymous said...

Salt Lake City?

omni

Anonymous said...

i think you might have missed that i put los gatos on the achenblog. (you were going back and forth with cassandra.)

cheers,
l.a. lurker

Anonymous said...

That first photo looks like a nice hotel in the French Quarter. New Orleans? --td

yellojkt said...

LA Lurker wins. The town name means "The Cats", hence all the mountain lion references.

snay,
No signs of a Hellmouth. Or Buffy. Plenty of buff women though.

Elizabeth said...

OK, bear with me, I'm a little slow. You're in California?

yellojkt said...

Liz,
Yup. Flying back to Maryland in the morning.

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

You can checkout any time you like,
But you can never leave.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Well at least you were staying someplace pretty :)