In further proof that I have waaaay too much time on my hands, I have started yet another blog. Called No Duh News, it is devoted to those news stories that have made me stop in shock and slap my forehead screaming "No Duh!" Or at least mumble "Of course."
The format is a blog title that is the headline of an actual news story somewhere, a quote from the article that states something profoundly obvious and a quick sarcastic comment from me. So, it's basically what I do all day long anyways.
I started the blog at the beginning of the year as a project in beta. I have redone the template twice and changed the name once (adios, The No Duh Awards which was a take on The Darwin Awards, but I like the succinctness of No Duh News better). For nearly a month now I have managed to find several items a week worthy of my notice. If you haven't been reading it (and absolutely nobody has) you have missed such epic revelations as:
- Mark McGwire took steroids.
- Lots of people saw Obama get inaugurated.
- Teenagers have sex even when they promise not to.
- The U.S. tortured prisoners.
- People who drink too much end up having sex.
- The economy really sucks. Really bad. I mean really, really bad.
- If your husband dies because you set his genitals on fire, you can be charged with murder.
Then, e-mail me tips with news stories that have made you go "No Duh!" I have even set up a special e-mail hotline for just that purpose at noduhnews -AT- gmail -DOT- com. And I will be sure to pass along the news and the credit.