Friday, August 29, 2008

Corobamanation


I missed Barack's big speech because I was busy getting hugged by Martha Davis (more on that in future post) but I did catch the balloon drop (or confetti fire, as an outdoor venue makes dropping balloons problematic). It sure seems like it was a big to-do.

Several years ago when I was doing my 30-minute sprint through the Louvre, I twice passed this painting by Jacques-Louis David titled "Consecration of the Emperor Napoleon I and Coronation of the Empress Josephine".

(Click on picture for a REALLY big version)

Upon closer inspection, it seems that the central figure looks familiar:



And a few people are finding the stage at Invesco Field a little like a Greek temple. I was thinking a more modern Vegas-style version:

IMG_0433

All we need are dancing fountains out front choreographed to "Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)". Or "Hail To The Chief".

No comments: