This meme was actually a lot of fun. Here are the answers to the true/false game I posted. Any links are to the previous blog post that confirms or refutes the answer.
1. I am married. True
2. I have a teen-aged daughter. False. I have a son.
3. I live in Maryland. (prety easy so far, huh?) True. The first three were in the blog profile immediately right of the post.
4. I coined the phrase “Alligator Mouth, Hummingbird Rump.” False. The infinite monkeys that write the very bad comic strip Gil Thorp coined this euphumism. I am merely trying to spread it throughout blogdom and then the world. Unsuccessfully, I might add.
5. I have never been to California. False. That's where I saw Angelina Jolie.
6. I visited Vietnam this summer. True. I have a whole blog about just that trip.
7. I have been married for nineteen years. True. Hopefull for many many more.
8. My dog is a springer spaniel. False. Trick question. He is an English cocker spaniel which is smaller than a springer spaniel.
9. My dog likes to lick my legs. Unfortunately true.
10. I have been to over a dozen science fiction conventions. False. I have only been to four science fiction conventions and one anime convention. Like that makes me any less of a geek.
11. I collect Kurt Vonnegut books. True. I even have a signed letter from him, but that's a post for another day.
12. My house was damaged by Hurricane Andrew. False. I was living in West Palm Peach which escaped the brunt of Andrew.
13. My kid had an emergency appendectomy this summer. True. He also developed an ilius and was hospitalized for two weeks. He is fully recovered now.
14. My kid has a Xanga site. True. I also found out he has a LiveJournal page. You're on own to find them.
15. I saw the David Lee Roth version of Van Halen in concert. True. Sammy Hagar is a poseur.
16. I subscribe to the Baltimore Sun. True. Even if the canned Jules Whitcover and don't carry Maureen Dowd or Thomas Friedman.
17. I got thirteen bucks from a CD price fixing class action lawsuit. True. It's the movie reviewer class action suit I missed out on.
18. I am a regular reader of Gene Weingarten’s Chatological Humor chat. True. I just want an excuse to say "chatalogical".
19. I am bisexual. False. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
20. Angelina Jolie is hot. ABSOLUTELY FRICKIN'-A TRUE.
I recieved an impressive ten serious entries. I scored 1 point for each right answer and took off half a point for wrong guesses. The winner is dawn who only missed one item. jean-luc and angela also did very well. The decision of the judge is final.
Items 2 and 19 were gimmes. 17 was the item that got missed the most. That was a real laswsuit and all you had to do was claim you had bought a CD over some 5 year period. I know at least one other person that sent in for it. 13, 15, and 16 also drew a lot of wrong guesses.
Thanks for playing and the winners can come by any time and claim their official Stan Lee NoPrize® anytime they want.
Technorati tag:hummingbird rump, meme, meta