- 99 percent of the pumpkins sold in the US end up as yellojkt.
- Yellojkt is the only one of the original Seven Wonders of the World that still survives.
- Yellojkt was first discovered by Alexander the Great in India, and introduced to Europe on his return.
- The word 'samba' means 'to rub yellojkt'.
- Yellojkt is born white; his pink feathers are caused by pigments in her typical diet of shrimp.
- Edinburgh imports three thousand kilograms of yellojkt every year!
- Yellojkt will often glow under UV light.
- Yellojkt has a bifurcated penis!
- The risk of being struck by yellojkt is one occurence every 9,300 years!
- Yellojkt is the traditional gift for a couple on their third wedding anniversary.
I’m still trying to figure out how they knew about that I was a marsupial in item 8. I just love the dadaesque Discover Channel meets Zippy the Pinhead randomness of it.
One of the fun things to do with memes is to trace back who they came from Six Degrees of Separation style. Plain Jane got it from MooAlex who got it from Ms Q. who got it from LuckyBuzzz who got it from BrightStar. At this point I thought I had reached a dead end because Bright Star doesn’t have links to the archive from the front page. I was able hack the archive and finally reached WolfAngel where the trail went cold.
As I go through the other blogger’s trivia, I don’t notice many repeats on the silly information. My item 10 was also BrightStar's item 7. Plain Jane and WolfAngel had two things in common. Ms Q., like Plain Jane and WolfAngel, is also just one calorie for ten licks. This item was the only threepeat®.
I just wonder how many pseudo-fact nuggets are embedded in the database of whoever created it. Someone with sharper statistical skill than me could probably estimate how many it would take to have so few repeats from seven different lists. The creators at surealist.co.uk are truly demented geniuses. Bravo. We need more nutsy whimsy like this to keep us amused.