Sunday, September 30, 2007

Pitt Joins ACC


I know the ACC has been poaching teams from the Big East on a regular basis, but I didn't realize how bad it had gotten until I opened the paper today. The following article appeared on page D11 of The Washington Post:



The headline writer didn't even make it to the end of the first paragraph where Kathy Orton correctly identifies Pittsburgh as a "Big East foe." The story was continued to page D14 where the headline was:

Cavs Score 27 Points in the First Quarter to Go 4-0 in the ACC

One of my regrets in dropping my subscription to the Baltimore Sun was the poor college sports coverage of the WaPo. It seems my fears were justified.

3 comments:

2fs said...

I think this is the first time you've written an entry about which I care not at all.

I think that's actually a congratulatory message regarding your other posts!

yellojkt said...

It's also the first time I have ever posted about sports. It's more of a bonus point aimed at about five people. We'll see if any of them notice.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Ah Pitt...they suck this year. big time :(