Thursday, September 15, 2005

Vonnegut on Comedy Central

Here I am with a blog named after a Vonnegut-coined word and I am about the last blogger in the world to see Kurt's appearance on The Daily Show. The video is available on their website.

For an 82 year old guy he can still zip out the zingers. He hits evolution, Bush, Iraq and a few other topics. If you can't get the video to work, some good quotes are here. He only got six minutes of airtime but left behind a list of Liberal Crap I Never Want To Hear Again. Once again he has proven that he is the grand master of the art of pointed sarcasm.

Technorati tag:, , ,

7 comments:

Red Tory said...

Thanks for the link. Let me also return the compliment on your excellent taste in Blogger templates. ;-)

Bonvallet said...

One of those "great minds think alike" things?

That was funny. I liked the earths immune system is trying to get rid of us.

Anonymous said...

just dropped in to say thanks for visiting my blog earlier. i haven't watched that show for years, he is a favorite of my niece.

Your Mother said...

Giraffe, Hippos & the Clap. That sums it up doens't it! Love it!

Anonymous said...

I went to hear Vonnegut speak at a collage nearby a few years back. It was a treat. He was trying to get students to pay attention to what careers they choose and how they might be tied into the military industrial machinery etc. (or chemicals!)

Anonymous said...

My first exposure to Kurt Vonnegut was The Sirens of Titan, when I was in seventh grade. I was hooked from then on.

One of the things I always liked were the personal anecdotes that appeared at the front of the books. You'd read for pages and get so wrapped up in those little stories that you forget you haven't even started the book itself yet.

I have a story about almost meeting him once but I'll save it for another time. Thanks for the link. I was able to use it as the reason I was late to work this morning. (-:

utenzi said...

I never picked up on the Vonnegut blog name here. Sorry!