Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Welcome, Guests

I wasn't really expecting company. Come on in. Let me clear the sink and kick the dog off the sofa. Make yourself at home and I'll pull out a few leftovers to share. If you're here as part of michele's cyber key swap party, I may not be what you expect, but then she draws a pretty eclectic crowd herself.

Let me serve a few choice leftovers that don't show up on the Recent Posts list any more. I'm running a one man campaign to spread the phrase alligator mouth, hummingbird rump, so please use it whenever polite company prevents harsher language. I'm also a big fan of Kurt Vonnegut. And be sure to check out my deliberately ambiguous blogrolling policy.

While you're here, help me decide between some future blog post ideas that I have been kicking around for awhile. Let me know which of these topics intrigues you:
  • 100 Thing About Me
  • 100 Thing About My Dog
  • 100 Thing About My iPod
  • Ugly Xanga Sites
  • Why yellojkt?
  • The Real Me
  • History of the Foobiverse, Part 1
  • Ted Forth, My Hero
  • Bittorrent-Giganews Deathmatch

Stick around as long as you want. Search the couch cushions for loose change. Read the labels in my medicine cabinet. Just be sure to come back soon, because everything will be all different.

19 comments:

Judith said...

Michele sent me, loved the "cute baby" analysis!

Anonymous said...

I think you have to go with the 100 things about your dog. Some of the others seem too easy. (-:

Thumper said...

=snort=
Ugly Xanga sites...I wannt see those.

And hi, michele sent me this time!

Your Mother said...

DUDE! You made it! We're official members of the SOTD club! Welcome...

Anonymous said...

I'd be interested to see how you could pull off 100 things about your dog.

And yes, It was Michele. Sent me again, she did.

Anonymous said...

I am a fan of the why's behind people's handles, so my vote goes for that one.

Anonymous said...

Hey again! I'll definitely have to add you to my blogroll when I get home tonight -- Your writing entertains me!

Here from Michele's!

Cheers,
Tanya aka NetChick

mommy d said...

How about 100 things about my dog. That would be a lot about a dog. Could you do it? Michele sent me!

Bonvallet said...

Hello! I say 100 things about you. Michele actually didn't send me today. I'm here of my own free will because I like your blog.

Christi said...

As soon as I figure out this whole "blogrolling" concept I'll be sure to add you to it. I'm highly entertained by your posts.

Michelle sent me!

Oh, and PS, my vote is for 100 things about your dog. I'd like to know what you can come up with =)

Marcia Peterson said...

100 Things About Me posts are always fun --a good way to get to know someone.

P.S. Michele sent me.

Unknown said...

Here via Michele. Nice blog!

Anonymous said...

"Just be sure to come back soon, because everything will be all different."

What? Are you changing templates again?

I vote for "Why yellojkt?" because I think a person's choice of a name reveals more about their character than them saying 100 things about themselves.


BUT . . .
If you do chose this topic, you should have readers explain their own choice as well.

Lish said...

Hi, I'm here from Michele's. I read Slaughterhouse Five when I was in college, and it is one of my favorite books. I think you should do either the 100 Things About My Dog or Why yellojkt.

Your Mother said...

I agree w/Big Ben. Do the Why Yellowjt and then make your commentors reveal also...I will.

Kim said...

Ooooh I like 100 Things About Your Dog! Michele sent me, you've already got my key I think.

Anonymous said...

Okay, how 'bout 10 things about fido and explain the yellowjkt thing in ten words or less? Oh, and when you refer to clearing the sinks you weren't talking about Cats in Sinks were you? You really have to check out this blogging phenom. I guess you can now find it by using Googles new blog search tool. It's also bookmarked on my blogroll.

Anonymous said...

congrats on being SOTD. I would like to know why yellojkt.

carmilevy said...

100 things...most definitely. Coincidentally, I wrote such an entry a while ago, but never posted it. I'm looking for it so that I can get it up on my own blog. Hope to have it online this week. Stay tuned...

BTW, here from Michele's again. Your site rocks.